Bring down the temperature and lower your cooling costs by 20–40% with an energy efficient air conditioner — for reliable summer cooling and energy savings, plus $200 cash back. According to Energy.gov, today’s efficient systems can lower your cooling costs by 20–40% compared to central air conditioners from 10 years ago.
Get up to $200 cash back on an air conditioner installation when you work with a BayREN Participating Contractor.
Energy ratings (AFUE for gas appliances, SEER for electric) indicate how efficient the equipment is. The more efficient your equipment, the more energy you save and the lower your heating and cooling costs will be.
See which upgrades qualify and how much you can earn, based on the energy efficiency of your new equipment:
|Heating and Cooling Upgrades||Rebates|
High efficiency packaged central air conditioner ≥ 16 SEER
Upgrades must replace entire load associated with existing central air conditioning.
Combustion Appliance Safety (CAS) test-out
CAS test-out required for all measures. Not available as a standalone rebate. Only one per service address.
$100 bonus rebate
*Rebates were updated as of August 1st, 2023. Learn more.
- Rebates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and available for qualifying Bay Area residents with homes built in 2016 or earlier
- Customers who receive only one, electric or gas, service from PG&E can apply for measures that correspond to the services received
- Customers must complete eligible improvements with a BayREN Participating Contractor in order to receive a rebate (except for electrification appliance measures)
- Rebates are capped at $7,750 per eligible customer. Individual measure rebates may not exceed the measure cost
- Customer must not have previously received a rebate for the same product or equipment from more than one energy-efficiency program offering rebates, financing or other rebates funded with PG&E ratepayer dollars within the past three years for O&M measures and eight years for building shell, HVAC and water heating measures
- Customers may not exceed the $7,750 cap over an eight-year period
Your BayREN Participating Contractor will assist you through the rebate process to make sure you get the best price on your projects.
To get started, contact your Home Energy Advisor for information about qualifying projects. Then hire a BayREN Participating Contractor and get your project started!
Your BayREN contractor will work with you to determine the scope and budget of your project. They will be able to tell you which rebates your project qualifies for.
Your contractor will create documentation of your project before and after it is completed. Once the project is completed, the contractor will submit program documentation to BayREN on your behalf.
After your documentation has been submitted, you can track the progress of your rebate online.